Archive for the right angle weave Category

what I’m talking about…

Posted in beading, beads, bracelets, right angle weave, seed beads on January 25, 2010 by beadnfun

Remember I told you recently that I had been having a little trouble reading directions.  That’s what I figured happened.

I started making this.

Looks easy enough…directions went well.

See I was doing okay, I thought.

Really I felt good about it.

Basically it was a band of RAW, Right Angle Weave, with the outer edge pulled tight and three 8’s added on to give it the bendy waves and then another band or Right Ange weave, with the ll’s pulled tight and three 8’s added on, and then woven together on the inside edge.

I really thought I read the directions right, but

When I got to the end it didn’t come together like the illustration showed.  When I got to the other end, it really didn’t come together like the illustration showed.  Plus I was having trouble with my thread, and the thread separated and was half the size, and I was trying to fix the ends, aaaagh!

I got out my scissors.

I cut it apart.

It didn’t work for me.

I guess I’m instruction disabled right now.

I’m stringing beads for a while. I have to calm down…..

Thanks for checking in with me.   Another calamity in the beader’s world.

Bye for now.  Happy Beading.

C

Advertisements

Like I promised.

Posted in beading, beads, bracelets, hobbies, necklaces, netting, right angle weave, seed beads, square stitch, triangle stitch on December 29, 2009 by beadnfun

Here are a few photos of some of the projects I’ve been working on.

I finished the Peyote band collar… I added some 6’s rocailles and some drop beads.  Tell me if you like it.

Not too bad.

A little bit more of a close up.  This is taken with my telephoto lens, rather than my macro lens.

You can’t really tell but I did a “whip” stitch…at least that is what I will call it, with 15’s and it took me a long time to put that part on.  It definitely made it real stable and finished looking.  But I don’t think I will do that again on such a long necklace.  It took up about 10-15 gms of 15’s….which is a lot. Any way.

Okay, so I took apart a cheaper necklace so I could use the beads for the other necklace, so I went ahead and square stitch a band for a bracelet.  I alternated blocks of four clear and green just to make sure I had enough, and to use those beads.  They were not the highest quality, but makes a great foundation for something more memorable on top.

So I found some drops to sew directly on top of the band.  I put some seed beads and two drop beads, and covered two of the beads on the base, so four drop beads on each row.  I had the same color green and clear drop beads, and enough of them I was able to cover the whole band.

So when I put it on it was about two inches too big….eeks.  So I haven’t taken a picture of my fix yet, but I had to take off the “bead closure” and add a button to the band so my loop could go around that instead of the bead, that helped to eliminate some of the inches.

Okay, then I started this project.

So a design by Laura Shea from Bead and Button Magazine. Recent edition I’ll get back on that one.

This is the first row and the start of the second row.

By this time I’m really liking this, I like the stitch, it was a tiny bit tricky at first….I try to read the instructions, then I try to look at the illustrations without the instructions to continue….Just so I can keep going and not get mixed up. Either way about the fourth row I was getting it…..

So she calls this a triangle stitch.  So I definitely want to try this stitch on some better beads, some more even beads, and maybe even some different sized beads with the 11’s to see what happens.

Okay, so that is what I’ve been working on this break.  I still have a few days off, so I will keep you posted with lots of photos.

Thanks for checking in with me.

C

As I progress….

Posted in beading, beads, bracelets, hobbies, necklaces, peyote stitch, right angle weave, seed beads, shell beads on November 1, 2009 by beadnfun

Just wanted you guys to see the necklace I’ve been working on.   I have been adding spikes to the peyote band of the shell coin necklace.  Here is my progression so far.

IMG_4399

See 2/3 done, or is it 4/5ths.  Anyway, I am glad.  This necklace has been on my work table for a little too long.  But that is okay.  I’m loving how it is looking now though.

IMG_4401

IMG_4404

I just love this style of free form.  It works so well for me because I have so many random beads, and I love to put the colors together and just have fun with all sorts of beads.

IMG_4407

IMG_4409

Love those tight shots too.

IMG_4410

See, my one loop didn’t work and the necklace was a little tight, so I added a couple of more loops to it.  Each time I added a loop though, I made sure to go through the loop several times, as many as would allow to firm it up, and keep it as strong as possible.

IMG_4403

IMG_4396

And here is a couple of my earliest projects.

IMG_4413

Obviously when I was still putting clasps on my bracelets.   Don’t do that anymore.  My hands can’t take it.

IMG_4414

Plus, I was always getting the tension wrong on the ends, or exposing threads, or using too much thread that I couldn’t go through the path that I wanted…..you all know.

IMG_4415

And another one, using 4mm druk beads, right angle weave, and 8’s cylinders for the dangles.

IMG_4418

And I put this cute vintage button on the end of this one.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by again folks.

We will show you the end results soon.  Hopefully later today.

Gotta go jog first though.  Beautiful day today!

C